Do you like truck stop food? Does it taste good to you? Bleh.
This meal above took me all of 20 minutes to make. It was a little on the costly side but you couldn’t get a meal this good in a truck stop restaurant for the price. And it was easy.
I picked up a filet mignon which was $9 bucks. I made a tomato salad which was tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls, raw onion, garlic and fresh basil (I promise not to breathe on anyone) but at least the Vampires won’t bother me tonight.
I am stuffed to the gills. I ate a healthy meal. And it didn’t take any more time than sitting in a dirty truck stop waiting for a so-so meal would take.
Go forth and cook! I will show you the way!
- 1 Filet Mignon
- 1 Propane Burner
- 1 Cast Iron Pan
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil or better yet Butter
- Bring filet mignon to room temperature, salt and pepper while waiting.
- Heat cast iron pan, preferably covered in non stick tin foil.
- Add a dab of butter or olive oil
- Throw on the steak!
- Time steak for 6-8 minutes on low heat for each side.
- At 7 minutes a side I had a nice pink interior to my steak, yet a crispy crust on the outside.