Some days, like today I feel as if I need to really take care of myself. I even prep for trips on the road a little differently, even more meticulously, making sure to have special things with me on the way. This especially happens in the late fall, when I know that winter is a stones throw away.
Since it was a cold and rainy week I decided that I would make a small batch of lip balm. I wanted something special, that I made, not something I just went out and bought.
This soothing lip balm combines my Calendula oil that is not only moisturizing but anti-inflammatory with the protective properties of beeswax and rich honey, to help with chapped or cracked lips. And, I not only use it on my lips but on my cuticles as well.
And the vanilla makes it oh so amazing but you can use spearmint, peppermint or none at all!
If you don’t have them, you can find all of these ingredients at Mountain Rose Herbs.
- 1/2 ounce Calendula Infused Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon grated beeswax
- 5 drops vanilla essential oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2-ounce glass or aluminum jar
- Make sure the jar you are going to use is sterilized
- Place calendula-infused oil and beeswax in a heatproof glass bowl, and set bowl in a shallow pan of simmering water.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until all of the ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla essential oil and honey, and stir until combined.
- Pour into jar and let cool until set
- Apply to lips whenever they need extra protection.